I have a wide set of ratings I go off of in my notebooks. I put an overall rating on my reviews which I plan to change here soon. I will start putting up all my ratings and hopefully it will give a better view of how I rate a book.
First rating: Main Cast Hero and Heroine
- 1 star- For a H and/or h to be a one star they are non developed. Completely bland and couldn’t connect at all. Or I just could not stand the character. Character is the main reason I DNF.
- 2 star- H and/or h grated my nerves. I didn’t like their decisions. Made me want to scream and yell.
- 3 star- I liked the H and/or h.May need a little more development.
- 4 star- I really like where the H and/or h were going. Felt connections and enjoyed their story.
- 5 star- Love the H and/or h. Superb. Well developed. Gave me the feels. Fell completely head over heels in love.
Second Rating: Supporting Cast
With the supporting cast I follow along the same lines as the H and h.
- 1 star- Either not extremely developed or I want to bring character alive just to go bloody murder on them.
- 2 star- Annoying. Butted in way to much when not their business. Created drama for the H and h that just wasn’t necessary.
- 3 star- I like the cast. It could have been a little better.
- 4 star- Cast was wonderful. Had a few bumps but otherwise was great. Worked wonderfully with Main Cast.
- 5 star- Supporting cast was perfect. I loved the Supporting Cast more than Main Cast. (This rarely happens.)
Third Rating: Plot
- 1 star- Not developed. Really didn’t go anywhere
- 2 star- Had potential just need more.
- 3 star- It was an okay story line. Thoroughly predictable.
- 4 star- Great plot. Had a few twists didn’t see coming.
- 5 star- Wonderful. Didn’t expect where it was going to end up. Wonderful writing.
The only time this doesn’t come into play is when I read smut. I don’t rate smut to highly on the scale because most of the time my highest rating for a smut book is a 3 star. Now if I add a .5 to a star it means that I can’t fully go to a star above it or my rating is in the middle.
Hope this helps out on my ratings.