I do love Scavenger hunts. I will be listing the rules, points, and then the words.
- Book must be read between March 1st-31st
- Book must be 100 pages
- Only five words per book
- If all words are found list may be started again.
- One point for every book finished
- One point for every word found
- Five points for every 1000 pages
- Five points for list complete
Leprechaun Dear Life 41%
- Pot of Gold
Beer Dear Life 22%
Party Dear Life 22%
Stone Dear Life 28%
- Walking Stick
I sort of lost track with this one. Actually to be truthfully honest I forgot about it.
This is another team challenge that I will be participating in March.
Rules (Both mine and the groups:
- Books must be read and reviewed from March 1-31
- No DNFs
- No rereads
- Must be 100 pages long
- 1 point for every book read and reviewed
- 1 point for every buddy read
- 2 points for reading and participating in the group book of month- Caraval
- 5 points for every 1000 pages read
- the team earn 3 points for completing a season
- Categories may be repeated.
- a book with snow on cover
- a book over 500 pages
- a book with red on the cover-
- a non-fiction book
- a book involving mythology
- A book with sand on the cover- Meant to be
- a book about a journey/trip
- a book with less than 300 pages
- a contemporary novel
a book with a buddy– Gilded Cage (reading with friends Bookbuyer and Jackie)
- A book read in school
- A book with orange or brown on the cover-Catcher in the Rye
- the final book in a series
- a horror/scary book-Frankenstein
- a classic novel-Dracula
Final total is in!
As it says above, this is a Goodreads group challenge. I am in a group called Challenge Corner and this is the group I will be participating in challenges throughout the year. As before I will list their rules and point system but I will also have a couple rules of my own to help challenge me further.
This is a team challenge but I will be posting my individual points up on here.
- Books must be read and reviewed between February 1-28th.
- Books must be at least 100 pages to count.
- Graphic novels, manga, and books written in verse do not count for this challenge.
- Categories may be repeated.
- DNFs do not count
- No rereads.
- One point for every book that fits a category.
- One point for every buddy read
- Two points for reading the group book of month (in addition to point you receive if it fits category).
- Five points for every 1000 pages read.
- Books started in previous months may be counted for pages only.
- Historical fiction
- Science Fiction
- Red on the cover
- A 2016 or 2017 debut
- New to you author
- Number in the title
- Name in the title (this means a given/first name)
- A classic
- A book with a character that shares your first name
- A book recommended to you.
- A buddy read
- A book read in school
- Female author
- Male author
- A book that has been adapted for film
- One word title
- Over 500 pages
- An award winner
- A collection short stories.
- Preppy: The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater
- Published Oct. 25, 2016
- Category A 2016 or 2017 debut
- The Fairy Tale Bride
- Category Historical Romance
- Victorian Era
- Category: Fantasy
- Vampire and fairies
- Snow and Ash
- Category:Science Fiction
- Not in Kansas Anymore
- Category: Red on the Cover
- Red doll on fire on cover.
- Let it be
- Category: New to you author
The Wedding Date
- Category: Book Recommended to me
Final count: 1681
Final count: 10
I plan on doing more challenges this year. I didn’t do any this month because I was a bit burned out. I signed up for them but I then quickly drew out. I am glad I did. I needed rest. December last year really wasn’t the best with my reading.
By the end I was extremely not in a reading mood. I’ve been in a reread mood but I finally got that taken care of thankfully. I am planning challenges for February right now. I will put on some challenges that I will be participating in on Goodreads.
Looking forward to this year. Making it the best one yet.
Here in the USA we celebrate Thanksgiving. What my family use to do was before desert we would go around the table and say what we were thankful of during the year. I decided to make a challenge around this aspect.
- Books must be read between November 1st- 30th
- Books must be 100 pages.
- No poetry/graphic novels/mangas
- Books must fit under Catergory/Description
- One point for every book under 300 pages.
- Two points for every book over 300 pages.
- One point for Description
- Two points for every Category completed
- Five points for all Categories completed.
Read a book that is centered around one family
- Read a book about a brother and a sister.
- Read a book about brothers
- Read a book about sisters.
Read a book tagged as fantasy. – Forest Fire by Tenaya Jayne
Read a romance.
- Read a historical romance.
- Read a book about marriage.
Read an LBGT book.
- Read a book tagged as Chick Lit.
- Read a book about friendship
- Read a book about making friends
- Read a book tagged as “funny” or “humor”.
- Read a book about a group of friends.
- Read a cookbook
- Read a book about a baker.
- Read a book about a cook.
In this Halloween-themed challenge, read books that fit into for categories based off of different supernatural beings. There is no limit to how many books can be read from each category, and may read books from one category, all categories, or a combination of categories.
- Books must be read and reviewed from October 1-31st to count.
- Books must be at least 100 pages long to count.
- Books in verse or poetry will count for 1/4 of the page count listed. That is if a book is 200 pages long, it will count for 50 pages.
- Graphic novels/manga don’t count for the challenge.
- Read as many books to any category.
- One point per book read and reviewed under 400 pages
- two points per book read and reviewed over 400 pages
- A book with the word Magic, Hex, or Curse in the title
- A book about Witches
- A book about magic
A book classed as fantasy 1 book
- A book with a cat, crow, or raven on the cover
A book with a black cover 1 book
- A book with a white cover
- A book about ghosts
A book classed as spooky or horror 2 books
- A book taking place in a haunted mansion/house/building
A book classed as paranormal 1 book
- A book set in a graveyard/ with a graveyard on the cover.
- A book with a coffin on the cover
- A book with blood on the cover
- A book with a mirror on the cover
- A book about vampires
A book classed as supernatural 1 book
- A book about immortality
- A book with a wolf on the cover
- A book labeled mythology
- A book classed science fiction
- A book with a silver cover/title
- A book with a moon on the cover.
- A book about werewolves
These are a list of places to visit in Rio. Read a book to each site.
- Christ the Redeemer Statue- Read a book that you find inspirational
- Jardim Botanico- read a book with lots of trees on the cover
- Ipanema Beach- read a book with a title starts with an I
- Sanat Teresa (colonial Rio)- read a book set in the past
- Maracana Stadium- read a book with an athlete in it
Ilha Fiscal (neo-Gothic castle)-read a book with a large building on cover: Rumpelstiltskin
- Barra Shopping Center-read a book that you purchased
Flamengo Park- read a book with a red and/or black cover: The Cursed
- Selaron Steps- read a book with an artist in it
Sao Bento Manastery- read a book where a main character vows to do something: The Forsaken
- Praca XV de Novembro (city square)- read a book set in a large city
Chacara do Ceu Museu (modern art museum)- read a book published in 2015 or 2016 The Damned
- Palacio Tiradentes (legislative building)- read a book with an elected official in it
- Rio water park(South America’s largest water park) -read a book with over 400 pages
Lapa Arches (Romanesque-style Aqueduct)-read a book with water on the cover: The Wild Swans
- Sugar Loaf Mountain- read a book with a sweet character
In my group we list several series that we have started but haven’t finished. Someone then chooses what series to continue on with or focus on this month. Well the person assigned to me choose the Timeless Fairy Tales series.
Timeless Fairy Tales by K.M. Shea
Beauty and the Beast
The Wild Swans
Cinderella and the Colonel
The Little Selkie
- Puss in Boots
- Swan Lake
- Sleeping Beauty.
I will link the review on here of each one that I read and mark off as I go. This challenge will start August 1st and go till August 31st.