I have read a fair amount of YA in my life. I thought what are my top ten romances. Not all of these books are well written, but there was just something about them that I loved. While I do have fantasy YA romances, I figured that is for another list.
- Just Listen by Sarah Dessen (Read 2009?)
I remember reading this in high school. My heart just hurt for Annabel. It’s been so long ago, I really can’t remember when I read this but I loved it.
- The Avery Shaw Experiment by Kelly Oram (August 2016)
I absolutely loved this book. Super sweet, super cute. Avery and Grayson are a couple I need to revisit soon.
- Girl at Heart by Kelly Oram (June 2021)
I have found Kelly Oram to be one of my favorite authors when it comes to High School romance. This like #3 it’s super cute. I love Avery and Grayson more than Charlie and Jace.
- Curvy Girls Can’t Date Best Friends by Kelsie Stelting (Read June 2021)
Another best friends romance. I have to say it’s my weakness.
- The Carlington Twins Duet by Emma Doherty (July 2022)
This was a gritty, angsty tale. I loved it though. Seeing the twins go through healing and having their own issues, I absolutely love.
- Chasing Nikki by Lacey Weatherford (Read July 2016)
This book had an ending I did not expect and ripped me to shreds. I remember crying like a baby when I read this.
- The Boys Next Door by Jennifer Echols (Read too many times)
This was my go-to read when I was in high school. I think I have read this book more the 3-4 times. Another friends-to-lovers story with a sort of love triangle. This is one of the love triangles I can tolerate.
- Catching Kordan by Miranda Kennedy (Read August 2016)
This is one of those books that just happened to hit my sweet tooth. A friends-to-lovers story centered around football. The only bad thing I can say about it is a love triangle.
- North of Beautiful by Justina Chen (Read August 2016)
Terra is an extremely beautiful girl with a port wine stain birthmark on her face. This book goes through her insecurity along with her mother breaking free of her father’s control. A well-written tale of acceptance and learning to overcome insecurities.
- Chase Jones is My Fake Boyfriend by Emily Lowry (January 2022)
Another trope I like is a fake relationship. I can’t help but jump into these books. Chase and Abby were adorable and I loved when they would pop back up in the following books.
What are your favorite High School Romances? Apparently I read good YA books in August 2016.