My edition: Library book ISBN: 9780553573404
Series: A Song of Fire and Ice #1
Review: I have many friends who love this book and love the T.V. series. Well before a movie or a T.V. series I like to read the book before watching them. Sometimes I’m not fortunate enough to figure out there was a book to that certain movie or series. (i.e. The Perks of Being a Wallflower.) So I told myself before I can give the T.V. series a shot, I need to read this.
I went to my library for this and had to do a library loan because my library didn’t have it. (I live in a very small town , don’t judge my library.) I finally got this in my hands. I have been wanting to read this for a while but I never had the urge to read it and it’s always been on the back burner of my mind. It came up a few days ago in a conversation and I remembered “Hey I wanted to read this book.”
Now there are ton of reviews out there about this bad boy so I’m going to just put in my thoughts throughout the book.
I will have a number one rule though. Don’t like or fall in love with any of the characters!!
***Also a warning: Winter is coming***
There may be spoilers just so ya know.
- The prologue: What are they doing? Wait I’m confused. What the hell just happened.
- Okay they just killed that guy. What happened to the other one?
- I already know what the actor looks like for Khal Drogo and can I say hottie!!!
- Oh is Bran alright?? Is he dead?? Explained what happened to Y and he busts out laughing. The things I do for love.
- Tyrion is one funny halfman. Well broke my number 1 rule.
- Does anyone else want to cuddle with Jon??
- Damn that was one hot scene with Dany and Drogo.
- Hey leave the fat kid alone.
- Can nobody tell that Arya is a girl?
- Is he really not the hand anymore?
- She is breast feeding her son. He is six oh my god.
- Oh damn. Oh damn.
- Sansa you are such a brat.
- Tyrion you are so my favorite.
- Jaime Lannister, please tell me you die soon. Along with the King Joffery and your lover/sister Ceresi.
- Yep need next novel.
I would have written more but right now I don’t have much to say other than I need to win the lottery and become rich so I don’t have to wait on books.
P.S. Can we give a round of applause to my fiance Y. I had this book on a library loan and I was very busy while reading this and other books so my dead line came in all to fast. We went to Wal-Mart one night, Y bought a copy for me.